Dear FC Players and Parents,
We wanted to take the time to send out a message of support to all our FC Family at this time.
We know that many are struggling with the impact that the COVID-19 has had upon all of our lives and those closest to us. We want to reiterate that as a club we are here for all our players and families. We will continue to offer guidance, advice, and any kind of support that we can to anyone that needs it. Whether you are a player or parent, please don't hesitate to send an E-mail or pick up the phone if you feel there is anything we can help you with.
These are unprecedented times, but we remain committed to providing development opportunities for our members and an escape from the real-world realities with the long-term goal of helping our players perform once we do return to the field.
As you have hopefully seen, we have implemented the Virtual Learning Program for our players across all age groups. We have had some great feedback so far, and we have been thrilled with the engagement and participation among our players to this point. The training will continue to be posted to the website, all social media platforms, as well as a daily club-wide E-mail so all members receive the information.
We have also set team and individual tasks of completing videos of themselves executing their training program. We feel this is important to keep players and teams engaged with one another to help each other through this period. We will continue to do this, as well as add in some more fun challenges moving forward.
On Tuesday, March 24, we live-streamed our College Recruiting Night presentation to help give our U15-U19 players and parents relevant information to help them navigate the recruiting process better. This took place from across our Facebook and Instagram accounts and is still posted for players and parents to review.
While we remain hopeful that we will get back out on the field at some point this spring, at the current time we do not have a set date as to when we will be able to resume team training. All sanctioned US Youth Soccer (USYS, US Club, ECNL) are now suspended until April 30. As a club, we will continue to follow the recommendations and guidelines set by the CDC, local and federal governments, and the World Health Organization. This is obviously frustrating for everyone involved, but the safety and health of our players and families will always remain our priority.
Courtesy of the Positive Coaching Alliance website, we wanted to share the following information which we think is important for both players and parents. Ultimately, there are always ways to make ourselves, our teammates, and our community better, and you can read some of those action steps outlined here:
- Set up routines (school work in the morning, "recess" in the backyard or any kind of play time or break) to help normalize the situation as much as possible.
- Cheer on or play with your kid in the sport of their choice in the backyard, in the driveway, or even make it possible to practice certain drills and skills within the home.
- Recognize how important it is to take excellent care of your body when things are difficult. When we face disappointment, fear, or stress, it is important that we pay particularly close attention to our nutrition, hydration, exercise, and sleep.
- Continue to be a great teammate. If you are able, reach out to teammates and friends to ask how they're doing and whether they're okay. The act of supporting and showing care for each other will benefit and strengthen both of you.
- Be courageous about asking for help. Parents, coaches, and other trusted adults want to support you during difficult times. If you are feeling overwhelmed, anxious, fearful, or depressed, let one of the adults you trust know. Ask them for a time you can have an talk with them when they can be free of other distractions. Be honest with them about what's going on and how you are feeling. Don't hesitate to ask for help for fear that your concerns aren't important.
We send our heartfelt wishes and good thoughts to you, your family, your friends, and all of the FC Family community.
As a family we have a responsibility and an opportunity to work together, stick together, help one another, and get through these unprecedented times.
Let's be safe, careful, and stay connected and supportive of one another. We will get through this together and come out on the other side stronger.
We hope to see you all soon!
Ben and Billy